Saturday, December 19, 2009

Very Merry Christmas!

We are having such a fabulous time this month! Christmas time is the best time of year and Makella is at such a fun age to enjoy it. I decided that for my advent calendar (I dont have one), I would make this:



















Its not fully put together in this picture, but you get the idea. There was a candy cane for each day and a different Christmas activity for the day until Christmas. It took some preparation, but it has been so much fun for both of us and really helped get me in the Christmas spirit.
As a child, my family always got a real tree for Christmas. It was always a huge deal to go pick out our tree and decorate it. We also would switch off who would get to put the star on the tree. Last year we werent able to get a real tree and so I was Really looking forward to it this year. Well, we made it to the tree lot and realized that they were just too expensive and decided we should probably use the money for gifts for Ella and what not. So we borrowed a tree from Jon's mom. It turned out beautiful and Im grateful to have it, but it loses some of the fun of it when you have to pull the tree out of the box and shape it yourself! But, oh well! Maybe next year! Here is our pretty tree!:























Another thing I always loved growing up was the christmas village we had. My brothers got ceramic houses and painted them. I always thought they were so cool! So we I got married that was one of the first things I got at christmas. Its not a very big set right now, but I hope to expand it as our home/living space expands. So here is my wonderful village!:


















I love to have Christmas decorations up. It just makes everything feel so much more cozy for some reason. The only thing I dont have yet is a nativity. Someday Ill get a nice one!
Here are some pictures of just a few of the things me and Makella have done this month!























We made popcorn snowmen, bead ornaments for the tree, decorated cookies, saw santa, painted our hair clips, picked out a christmas story,played in the snow and delivered treats to some of her friends. Those are just a few of the fun things we have been doing! Its a fun tradition that I hope to keep up in the years to come!

In other news, Noah has reached 2 1/2 months! We had his 2 month appointment and he is a big boy! He weighed in at 13 lbs 8 oz and 24.5 inches long. Quite the big boy! He smiles all the time and will coo back to you when you talk to him. He eats pretty much all the time and hasnt really fully grasped how great it is to sleep yet. But we are working on it! He loves to sit up and look at things and loves to stand up and bounce even more. He has chubby cheeks, chubby thighs a big belly and we love him!










I hope everyone is having as good of a Christmas season as we are! Merry Christmas!

Here is just a little video of Noah. Its nothing special, but he is cute so I thought I would post it :)

2 comments:

Kelly, Aaron and now...Kayleigh said...

Oh Bonnie! I love your Advent calender! What a great idea! The kids are amazing as always. Love em' to pieces!
Merry Christmas!

Kristin said...

Love the advent calendar! I was always about real trees and was devastated when I let David talk me into a fake tree. Now I love it. We never have to come up with money for a real tree, don't have to vacuum up pine needles and I don't worry about the tree catching on fire if I leave the lights tunred on.