We actually got to have a spring break! Jon had a whole paid week off. It was pretty great! We had plans of going to Utah to see family and friends, but changed our plans at the last minute and just ended up staying home. It was so great though! We ended up painting Ella's room, which we had wanted to do for awhile. It turned out cute and we had a lot of fun working on it together. Here is a before picture. This is right before we set up to paint, so the walls are cleared off and everything was moved to the center. But you get the idea.
And then the after:
Makella really wanted to have a pink room and since she had done a pretty good job of destroying the old paint, we decided to just do it. She knew we were painting it pink, but we didnt let her in her room until it was all done and put together. It was a huge suprise and she was SO excited! I loved seeing her face when it was all done. She gasped and said "Oh... look how beautiful it is..Its pink just like I wanted! Thank you Thank you!" She was in awe. If you know Ella, you can probably imagine her saying that. It was really cute.
I was also able to work on our garden a bit. It was still a too cold to do alot with the ground, but I got some little seed starter things and planted a bunch of plants that are supposed to be started inside. Ella helped me do it and we made some cute little markers, so I wouldnt forget which was which. It was a fun little project. Its been a little over a week and there are already a few little sprouts! Im really excited to be able to get them in the ground. I also got some strawberry plants and planted them outside. Im excited to have a garden this year...hopefully I dont kill everything!
We also were able to celebrate Kamden's birthday. Jon's parents came up and Kami asked me to make some cupcakes for his party. I was really excited because I love to have a reason to make cupcakes! His theme was trucks, so I made some trucks out of fondant. I definetaly have a long way to go before I really good at it, but every time I do it gets a little better. It was fun to be able to practice a bit. Here are a few pictures from the party. This is Kayleigh, she was just hanging out and having a great time. She is such a sweet little baby and so cute!
I just love Kamden! He is the cutest little kid and he always have a huge smile for everyone. I missed all the really good cake pictures, but he seriously dove into that cake and got it everywhere. It was great.
Jim and Kay just got back from hawaii and got all the grandkids some cute hawaiin outfits. We tried to get a group shot of them, but didnt really turn as good as we had hoped. Noah pretty much cried the whole time and I was pretty unsuccessful at getting a good picture. But they were cute anyways.
Besides all that we just stayed home, had lots of movie nights, relaxed and had a great week. It was just what we all needed. Jon went back to work today, so its back into regular life and Im ok with that :) Happy Spring Break!
Christmas
7 years ago
3 comments:
Yay for breaks!! Those are the best! Looks like it was so fun! Kyla LOVES Makella's room by the way. She's been wanting her room pink for a long time too! :)
I love Ellas roon! U guys did great!
Looks like your keeping busy! Ella's room is so cute! We're getting ready to do some seed planting here too! Yay for seeds!
Post a Comment