Saturday, September 6, 2008

Hawaii!!

This was out big trip that we have been looking forward to all summer! We went with Jon's whole family to Kauai. We had such a great time! We stayed for a week and did everything we have ever wanted to do. We did a whole lot of snorkeling, which I really love to do! I had never done it before this trip, but I loved it! We went to some of the prettiest beaches and some gorgous waterfalls. We also took a boat around the Napali coastline to do some snorkeling and on the way there, we were able to see dolphins that came right up and swam with the boat for awhile. I was so excited about that! I loved being able to see them so close. Also, at another place we went to, I got to see some turtles and swim with them and touch them. It was awesome! We did some kayaking on a really pretty river and then you hike to a waterfall and we swam under it and everything. Overall, it was perfect! We had such a good time hanging out with Jon's family and getting some time to ourselves since Makella got to stay with my mom and dad (She had an awesome time too!). We were both ready for a break, so even though we missed her like crazy, it was definetaly worth it! My camera is super lame and I think is just about broken for good, so I didnt get very many pictures of all the fun things. I have to wait and get more from my sister in law. But here are some of the good ones I do have!
This was the first beach we went to. So pretty!
The brothers!
She's a mermaid! Malia is such a good traveler! I was amazed! She's adorable!
Out to dinner with the family. Plumerias are my new favorite flower!
Angie and Ryan on our kayak trip. I loved this part of the river, it was awesome!
You always need a pretty flower!
The hike from the kayak to a waterfall was through this really pretty forest!
This was the canyon and it was soo gorgeous. It went on forever and there were sheep jumping all over the rocks. It was really pretty.
The boatride around the Napali Coast. I think this was my favorite activity. The boat was so fun!
This is a monk seal. They are super rare in Hawaii, but they will come and just sleep on the beach for days, so we were pretty lucky to get to see this guy!
The family!

One of the many pretty waterfalls in hawaii!

3 comments:

Pete & Leah said...

It look's and sounds like so much fun! It's so great that you guys were able to go! Your bunnies are doing really good! The kids are smothering them with greens! Everyday since the bunnies got here the kids have fed them "breakfast" and "lunch"! They are loving them!

Amiee said...

That's so cool Bonnie!! I'm so happy that you guys were able to go! Sounds like you had lots of fun. :) And yeah...we're going to have to work out the details of seeing each other when we come down to the byu game....I'm SOOOO flipping excited to see you it's not even funny! :)

Kristin said...

How fun! It looks you had a fantastic time.