Monday, November 17, 2008

Post-Binky Update

First of all, Thanks for all the advice and stuff about the Binky's. I was really freaked out about getting rid of them because I thought she would never sleep well again! Well, we are on day 3 and its really not that bad! I have had 2 nights without a peep! No getting up looking for binky's, Not even getting up just to cry. She has stayed asleep all night long. Its fantastic! I took some advice and have been timing her crying and just been letting her put herself to sleep. She only cries for about 10-15 mins total! Bedtime just isnt as enjoyable as it used to be with the cuddling and singing songs stuff. Now she cries and hates it. Today when I told her it was time for bed, she actually started begging to go into timeout....So she doesnt really enjoy it, but its getting better. I should have done this a long time ago!



P.S. As I write this, she is in her bed crying and yelling.."Im Happy, Im Happy". Poor thing.... :(

1 comments:

Amiee said...

haha...would rather go to time out than bed huh? That's funny! Sounds like things are going good with it though, keep it up! And that timer thing is a great idea! If we do let Kyla cry herself to sleep we kinda do the same type of thing, but we don't have an actual timer, we just guess. :) Thanks for the tips ladies! Good luck Makella! haha.