
We had christmas up in Boise with Jon's family and we really had an awesome time! We spent Christmas Eve and Angie's house playing games and had a little devotional this which was really good and then we had christmas at Aaron and Kelly's house. Makella loved her Uncle Aaron and he introduced her to the wonderful world of trains! They watched a whole history channel show together about trains and she was Glued to the tv. I've never seen her want to watch something unless it is a cartoon or kid show, so it was pretty funny. It was just a good for us to spend time with everyone up in Idaho since we dont get to see them all too much.
A couple days after Christmas, I flew over to my mom's house in Washington and spent the next couple of weeks over there. During that time we hung out with Matt and Mandy a couple of times which was really fun. We had a really fun new years eve night playing games and eating way too much food and then Matt Made an awesome dinner over at his house for new years day. Makella had such a good time over there with all of pete and leah's kids and then Jeff and Val even came over from yakima for a couple days. There is nothing better than spending time with family so I loved it! I even drove over to Sunnyside for a whole 24 hours and got to see my grandparents! They had never met Makella before so it was good for her to meet them and she warmed up to them instantly! It was great! Thats kind of a small recap of the past couple months.
While I was there I had my mom help me with all kinds of sewing projects since I have small desires to be able to sew things really well. The reality is that it is pretty hard for me to do, so having my mom there to help me ensures that I can actually do it right! Around christmas time I decided I wanted to try and make makella a christmas dress...Its not to hard right? WRONG. It was Really bad. I finished it and she wore it the next day for church and it Literally fell apart...they had to tie things together just to keep it on her. It was really embarrassing and bad, but I decided to try again at my moms, and hooray! It worked this time! This one wont fall apart and though it may be a little minnie mouse like, I think its cute! I did most of the dress myself, (my mom helped with the hard parts). I was pretty proud of myself for doing this! I also made a quilt for when we move Ella from her crib, which might be pretty soon. and some other skirts. That about sums everything up and I will end it there before this gets to be too long. There will be more recent posts to come, I promise!
2 comments:
I'm so glad you're back! I thought you left the blogging world for good :) haha. That's funny about Makella's dress! I'm sorry it didn't turn out good at first but I'm glad it got fixed...it's so cute! Hope things get figured out about the job situation. Good luck! Miss ya lots!
I made Sammi's Halloween costume (which was Minnie Mouse!) and she wore it for the first time to the library and pretty much, the same thing, fell apart. I saw it deteriorating before my eyes. Glad you got some that will hold together!
Post a Comment