Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Recent events

Im actually in the mood to write so I better run with it and let you all know what been going on with us! We have had a few little changes to our work arrangements inthe past couple weeks. Me and Jon both work as night shift for a troubled teen house. We pretty just have to stay awake and make sure nobody runs away. Its pretty easy. Well, they were switching the program to a girls program and moving the boys to Mount Pleasant, which is an hour away. Some things happened that I dont feel like getting into and we though we were out of a job, but then I got to start working for the girls program and they offered Jon a supervisor position with the boys down in Mount Pleasant. So we have kind of been in a dillemma about what to do. We were even thining about moving down there so it would be easier to get to work. We still might change our minds, but at this point I think we arejust going to stay here and possibly try to get a new car so that jon can commute to work without having to worry about our car breaking down. So he gets a pay raise and I think we will actually be able to get insurance and stuff, which Im excited about. Plus, he gets to make his schedule however he wants. So I think it will be a really good thing. I am still working at the girls program a couple nights a week as well, which I actually really enjoy. I have a whole 8 hours, baby free! Jon will be graduating in April and we are both so excited! Hopefully then he will be able to move forward with whatever career he chooses. He has a couple choices for that as well, so only time will tell what we will actually be doing in a year from now. One path is the FBI and the other is Law School. Im kinda hoping for the first since I dont really want him to go back to school. But whatever is supposed to happen will happen and I know we will find the right place for our family!

Ok, that was long, Ill post some pitures now! In Makella's stocking, santa gave her some finger paints...great, thank santa...and so I decided to just let her have her way with it. She LOVED it! At first, she wasnt so happy about using her fingers and insisted on have a paint brush, but then she kinda got the hang of it and would switch off using a brush and her fingers. In the end, it was actually not so bad to clean up, which was good.
Dont mind her hair, it was supposed to be in pigtails, but I got distracted in the middle of doing her hair. :)
Her fabulous work of art!

Only halfway done, by the time she was done there was paint covering every paper and plus a couple of extra pieces that I gave her.

One last thing before I go. I have heard of seeing shapes in the clouds and in ink blots, but this was a little different. Makella has been using her potty a lot the last week and for the most part she does really good. Im not really officially potty training her. Im a little clueless about that, but she will go on it a couple times a day. We have a little candy bucket she can choose from if she does go on it. Well it always takes her like a half hour of just sitting on it before she does anything and then she will run out of the bathroom yelling, "I did it! Momma, come see! come see!" Always very proud of herself. Well today was another such day. She Finally goes poop and then runs out and says, " I did it, Momma come see!" So I go into the bathroom to help her and she says, "look, momma, I did Candy cane poop!" and just kept repeating the fact the it was a candy cane. Sure enough, her little tiny poop was in the shape of a candy cane! It was pretty funny. Then tonight before bed, she was sitting there again and a while later she comes running out with her usual thing, Only this time she was SOO excited because it was a "Boat poop!" She had done a little tiny poop that looked like a boat! Im not sure where she gets this stuff, but I guess you can find something in everything if you look hard enough!

2 comments:

Kami Satterlee said...

See I knew she had some Graff in her;) The smart thing....well we aren't all that smart but we definently can find shapes in our poop. I LOVE that little girl!!!

Kelly, Aaron and now...Kayleigh said...

Makella Is Hilarious!
I hope everything works out for you and Jon. And your right everything will work out the way it is supposed to!