Saturday, January 24, 2009

Comfy and Cozy

So yesterday we finally took the plunge and got Makella a "Big Girl Bed." I just felt like she was ready for it. She has been HATING bed time lately and when she starts hating something, it usually just means that she is ready for a change. So we went and got a twin bed for her and she was SOO excited about it. Its really weird to see such a tiny girl in such a big bed, but its really fun. When I was talking to her about her bed, I asked her if she liked it and she said that she did because it is comfy and cozy. Then she said that her pillow is snugli! Im glad to know she loves her bed. She still had a little trouble going to bed, but it was only because she wasnt totally tired yet.
Here are a couple of pictures in her her new bed!


Then today, Makella made it very obvious that she is turning 2 next month by throwing tantrum after tantrum...over EVERYTHING. She is pretty emotional as it is and Im pretty used to her getting upset about things, but today was BAD. For about 40 minutes, it was non stop screaming. She was in time out for a bit and would like right at me and scream as loud as she could. Then she wouldnt stop and so she like started hyperventilating and it kinda freaked me out, so I tried to just hold her and that didnt help either. So I just sat with her while she cried for a long time. I was afraid the neighbors would be and would think that I was like hurting her or something! But, I finally got her convinced that it would be good to eat lunch so she calmed down. I went into the other room for a few minutes and when I came back this is what I found:

I guess that explains why she was so upset. She woke up happy still wanted to play with me, so life is good for now. i think I still have a lot to learn about a two year old.

1 comments:

Brock and Stef said...

YEah ELLA a big girl bed!!! YEah for bonnie finally some posts!!! Call me and we will get together!!!