This might be kind of long, so dont feel pressured to read it all :) Its mostly for me to try and remember for later on since Im horrid at journals!
My little Ella is going to be 2 years old tomorrow! I am so excited! Im hoping that it is a wonderful day for her! We decided not to have a real big party this year, so it will just be some of our friends there. But I think she will have fun. Ever since I first asked her about what kind of party she wanted, it has always been a tinkerbell Party. So that is what she gets. Im even attempting to make a really cute cake. Wish me luck!
It is so crazy that it has already been 2 years that she has been around. I cant say that it has been the easiest 2 years for me, but it has definetaly been worth it. Anyone who is able to be around me and Makella regularly would know that me and her dont always get along. It is a very regular occurance for us to butt heads and on more than one occasion I have heard Ella say, "I dont want to talk to mommy right now" or, if asked why she is mad she will say, " Im mad at mommy". I've gotten pretty used to it and it doesnt hurt my feelings like it used to :) She is a daddy's girl through and through and I wouldnt have her any other way and Im pretty sure Jon likes her that way too! But despite all the differences, or similarities, whatever it may be. She is so amazing to me and has taught me SO much! What a blessing she is to us! If I am having a bad day or am just way to tired, she will come up to me ask, "Mommy, you ok? you need a band aid?" Or she will just want to snuggle and say, "I need you mommy, I need you". Its moments like this that make everything perfect! Her ability to remember things and her never ending desire to learn is so amazing to me! She was talking in sentences when she was just over a year old. Her ability to speak has been one of her best talents and she definetaly does it well. She is very emotional and I think being able to express herself so well has helped her in dealing with all her emotions that are hard for her to control.
She is forever wanting to learn about something! When she was a little younger, if I was sitting at the computer or table to anything she would make her way all the way up until she was right in front of my face and then say, " lets talk about it, mommy, lets talk about it". And then we would talk about dogs, big girls, whatever was on her mind. Then when given a choice between a doll or learning the alphabet or words, she will always choose the alphabet. I have never been a very school minded person. It was pretty much the last thing on my mind. I think she will be so much better than me! Well, this is pretty long, but overall it has been such an adventure and a joy to know her and learn all the things that make her who she is. Im grateful to be able to help her grow and learn! When she was blessed some of the things she was blessed with was knowledge and having a sense of humor. She definetaly has both. We love her so much!
P.S. Her latest achievement...She read her first word yesterday! She read the word DOG. I spelled it with letters on the ground and asked her what word it was. She wasnt sure, so then I had her spell it. Then I asked her again and I didnt think she would get it so I was about to tell her what it was when she suddenly said "DOG!" Then clapped and yelled. I was pretty excited!

3 comments:
Wow, I cannot believe she is 2!!! Mostly because of how smart she is. Just the fact that she can sit and watch trains with Aaron, and then talk about it is beyond me!haha You are such a good little mommy to spend time teaching her and loving her, way to go! Happy Birthday Makella! Hope you like Malia's Birthday card:)
Happy Birthday Makella!! I can't believe that she read her first word!!! That's so totally amazing. She'll be a smarty in school for sure. Love you Makella!
She sounds just like Sammi. And I feel just the same as you! It's amazing how complex relationships are. I learn so much everyday from Sammi and now Elli and all the different dynamics in the house. I hope she had a lovely birthday. She's adorable in the dress you made.
Post a Comment