Ive been needing to write this down for awhile because its so funny to me, but I keep procrastinating. I figure this is a good place to have it so I wont forget. Whenever Makella gets in trouble, we put her in time out. I try to avoid it as much as possible though, because she wont just sit it out peacefully, she cries, screams, etc. Its just a big ordeal. Lately, she has stepped things up a bit and will yell all sorts of unintelligible things. When Im not really angry and can appreciate the humor of it, its really funny! :) Yesterday was another example of this. Here is how it went:
Ella had gotten into a big can of juice mix and gotten it all over the table and was even mixing it in a big can of crisco...big mess. So into time out she goes...
through her cries and screams, "I need to get ready for my party! I just need to get ready! Its my party!
When she realizes I am not going to respond, she starts actually yelling at me.
" No!....mumbled yelling....No! and I dont understand! No!....Cupcakes! I will not understand!....Cupcakes! You dont do that!...Cupcakes!! (I really have noo idea what the whole cupcakes thing is about, but I was trying not to laugh)
After I still wont respond, she calms down a bit and says...
"Oh no, mommy is not answering me! What can I do? What can I do to make mommy answer me?
Then she just gives up and sits there..
Each time is a little different, but there is always crying and lately there has been some kind of scream for cupcakes. I appreciate the joy and humor she brings to my day! Thanks Ella!
In other news, there is only 13 more days until my due date! So far, I dont think he will come early or anything. If I make it to my due date which is the 29th, then Im just going to wait til Oct. 1 or 2 and then I will be induced. So we will see how this all goes. Im getting pretty excited!
Christmas
7 years ago
6 comments:
Haha!! Gotta love little Ella! Aren't 2 1/2 year olds conversations and thought processes so much fun?! Where do they get their ideas?! She's soooo cute!
Can't wait until your new little arrival comes!!
You messed up her cupcake making project! Now you wont be invited to her party! Your such a mean mom :)
So funny! Gotta love timeouts and the fun things kids say and do in there! Good job for ignoring it, it's so hard to do.
I am glad I wasn't there or else I wouldn't be able to stop laughing either. What an adorable little girl. I bet she will be the best big sister. Good Luck!
This is hilarious!!! I love Ella she always has the best comments.... Like "do you have teeth in your mouth?" Ella's response "No, just molars!!" It still cracks me up!!!! She is so smart!! I think you are going to have your hands full with her and a baby... she might think she is the mom!!!
Maybe she was trying to make cupcakes with drink miss and crisco!
Post a Comment